CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

How do you spell "frustration?" CAR!!!

Tonight, after a really good time at the last night of our revival, I went to my (L's) car, got in, and put the key in the lock, and got absolutely nothing. No the battery is not dead. The key wouldn't turn past the first set of tumblers. So, I could see, because my lights worked, I could hear, because the radio worked, but I could not GO, because my key didn't work! After I had checked everything I could think of trying to find the problem, I called L, who is in Dallas for a job interview. (With my car, as he was going to see about getting a small dent out of my rear door.) (Now, don't go jumping to conclusions! I don't need that on top of this.) He had no idea what to do because he's never had this problem before. Next step, ask the guys still at church what to do. They tried all the same things I did, plus taking the cables off the battery (once they found it--in the TRUNK!) No luck. I would just call in for tomorrow, but I traded with another nurse so she could go to a Dr.'s appt in the morning, so that puts everyone in a crimp.

So Preacher Man, bless his heart, has loaned me his car for the day so I can get to work. L will be home sometime tomorrow evening, and I asked him to check with the dealership there since we have no dealership with this particular flavor of auto in out little town. Hopefully they can come up with some kind of solution to this very perplexing problem.

Maybe it wouldn't be quite so aggravating if I had some idea why it decided to lock itself down. But all I did was park, remove the key, lock the door and go to church. There we go! That's what did it! I was at church! Silly me, did I really think I was going to get through an entire revival where we did a little stomping on Satan's head and not have a retaliatory punch? That's ok, I know Who wins the war. More on this saga later. I'm going to bed.

0 comments: