CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

TAGGED (Blame it on Marmee)

Ok, Marmee--seven things you probably don't want to know about me.



1. I grew up on a small farm in Western Maryland, and milked cows twice a day for most of my middler and teen years. Because of that, I used to have a grip strength equal to that of most men. I am not that strong anymore, but still have more power in my grip than many women.



2. I can ttupe 70 wmp buty you cant;'r readi it verywel..l/]



3. I am a former Navy Wave, and was active duty during the end of the Viet Nam Conflict.



4. I lived for 2 1/2 years in Iceland, courtesy of the US Government. That was an awesome time in my life, and I cried when we left. People there are drawn very close very quickly, especially if they are Christians. While I was there, I got to preach to an Icelandic Bible Study, using an interpreter. That was fun, but it sure made it interesting trying to keep a train of thought going!



5. I am a twin, but was raised as a singleton. My sister only lived 7 weeks. She was the larger of us, weighing in at 6 lb 4 oz. I only weighed 4 lb 7 oz. At the age of 18, I weighed 115 lbs. I haven't seen either of those numbers in a very long time. I didn't find out about her until I was 13, but it explained why I always felt like part of me was missing.



6. I am the step-grandmother of quints. Most of you probably already knew that. Two girls and three boys will be 7 in December.



7. I used to drive a rig. Yep, the 18-wheeler variety. I have been in 46 of the 48 continental states, only missing Montana and Rhode Island.

Now I tag f. f

6 comments:

marme said...

Wow, I think this is the most interesting "7" so far!

What is a navy wave?

Glad I tagged you, my friend!

kablot spot said...

I have always known you were VERY interesting.

chronicler said...

A Wave is an acronym for Women Accepted (for) Voluntary Emergency Service. So it is more accurately a WAVES, but that sounds kinda strange, so they drop the "S" and call us WAVE. I was active duty Navy.

rhondamarie said...

wow..a truck driver. i did not expect that.

kdp said...

You have lived a very exciting life. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

F. F said...

I guess I should have milked cows. My grip strength is very poor. I have a little jar opener that is attached to the bottom part of my kitchen cabnit. I use it all the time. If I didn't have it my poor husband would have to be there to open the jars for me.