CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 1, 2007

Christian Fun

Well, I just got in from having dinner at Cafe Italia with 20 other women. It was wonderful! I am a part of Community Bible Study and this week was a break week and all the different classes were encouraged to go have some fun together as a class just to fellowship and get to know each other better. Of course, we females bond best around food! The ladies' class this year is pretty large, and all but 2 or 3 women were able to come to our outing. RW, you would be proud of me--I sat with a group of ladies that I barely knew. It was such fun. We were all to bring a baby picture with us, and part of the time was spent trying to figure out which picture went with which lady. The talking was non-stop, and I know the people in the front dining area must have been wondering what all the noise was about in the back room. I can imagine the shock if they had known it was a womens' Bible Study group! (We Christians aren't supposed to have fun, you know.) These ladies come from all different backgrounds and all different denominations. It's so neat that we all get along so well. No denominational arguing is allowed, of course; but in the year+ that I have been attending, I've not heard even a hint of "I'm right, you're wrong." What a blessing!

2 comments:

rhondamarie said...

you are right i am very proud of you. glad you had fun.

marme said...

Me too. And the best time I've ever had is when I was part of the same kind of ladies group. We were all different but I learned we all love Jesus! Wonderful memories and I believe what brought me out of that mentality of we are right.