CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Meeting the Neighbors

Well, today I finally got the water faucet out by the lofts repaired. I managed to back over it with the lawn tractor on Labor Day, snapping it clean in two, and have been carrying water to the birds from the house. My neighbor came over and put it back together for me. It will be so nice to just carry the jugs a few feet again. Fortunagely, the previous owner must have forseen such a scenario, because the faucet was actually a "T" off the main line with it't own shut-off valve. Was I ever glad to see that when we dug up the line!

It's so funny, I really don't know my neighbors well at all, and if it were left up to me, it would probably stay that way. (I'm basically a shy person--DON'T LAUGH!) But God always has other plans, and if He can't ge me to go to them, He brings them to me, sometimes in the most unusual ways! You'd think I'd learn eventually. Guess it's time to follow RW in changing the way I relate to others. Glad you all are here, this is one of the ways I am trying to come out of the shell a bit.

I pray each of you has a wonderful encounter with Jesus at church tomorrow, and that you can carry the sense of His presence with you throughout the week. Isn't He awesome?!

2 comments:

rhondamarie said...

yeah jan!!!! i'm so glad you're coming out of your shell. i can totally relate to the shy thing. i am really shy until i get to know people.

marme said...

I'm glad God doesn't leave it up to me completely. He at least makes opportunites. Sometimes I just flat out miss them and later it hits me! Wow, God, thanks for your mercy!