CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Getting to Know Some New Folks (and saying "hi" to some friends)

Today I went to sing at the Gospel Fest 2008. It was really just pretty neat, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. The other vocalist from our church asked me to join him last Sunday when a song we practiced just seemed to flow. We had both sung it before, just not together. I was impressed by the number of participants. I guess about 20-25 bands, soloists and groups were there. We had everything from hard rock to southern gospel represented, and had one dancer. She did a beautiful job. I love to watch the grace and fluid motion of dance.

I wasn't nervous until just before the little girl (about 5) sang with her daddy. We were next and I realized that we had not had a mic check, and I had no idea which one of the 5 or 6 mics available to use. And all the music sounds so much different in an outdoor theater. Just about the time I was seriously thinking about freaking, and had started seeking the Lord to calm the jitters, R appeared beside me saying. "Let's pray right quick." Amen to that! The jitters subsided, and the song went really well. I saw several people singing with us, always a good sign. I didn't stay for all of it, because it will go quite late into the night. At 7:45 they hadn't even completed the "first half" list yet.

I guess they do this every year, and I can vaguely remember a crowd of people a the park on 29th Street last year about this time. I hope I get to go again next year.

0 comments: