CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 4, 2008

An All Around Good Day

Today has been one of those "ahh" days. I slept until I woke up--no alarm. I did a little shopping--for a new lawn mower--the old one finally died. I spent a couple of hours sorting through some music to add to our repertory at church, then a couple more hours working on a few of them with the praise team. Then I was invited to participate in some of the holiday festivities at the lake, culminating in the fireworks display. It was beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But the best part was spent blowing bubbles. I haven't done that in a long time--not since my son was little. The kids who stopped by to see the Verizon display were treated to bubble gum, bubble blowing and water balloons. They had a blast! So did I. One little girl, who told me she was 6, joined me in the bubble-blowing, standing on the picnic table seat; and several other kids spent a lot of energy chasing the bubbles, seeing how many they could catch or burst. The rainbow colors rivaled anything seen in the fireworks, since the wind carried them westward into the setting sun. I am now just sitting, soaking in the pleasure of the day, contemplating still having the next two days off. What could be better?!

0 comments: