CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Sheesh!!!

1. I may be offline for a bit. My computer is slowly coming unwound. I thought all I was going to have to do was switch to the other hard drive (I have two in this system) which would mean taking all the stuff from drive C and putting it on drive D. Easier said than done, as drive D has to be changed to be "master" and drive C has to be changed to "slave" or removed entirely. THEN I get the wonderful opportunity to rebuild from scratch on the new drive C. YEA!!! But it now seems that the video card is also taking the deep 6. I am typing between, around and through 4 vertical bars of pink paint-roller style marks. That is the best part. Trying to read through it when it goes all over the screen like a paint roller that is nearly out of paint is next to impossible, so I am trying to decide whether to just get another system. This one is about 7 years old.

2. I need to go to the hardware store and find the guts for my hot water tap. This one is leaking like a seive. Means I have to turn the water off to be able to do that, and figure out which guts actually fit this particular tap.

3. On Sunday, my house just seemed to keep getting warmer and warmer and warmer, and the AC fan just kept running, running, running, doing nothing except eating electricity. So I turned the thermostat clear up as high as it would go to shut it off. In case anyone asks you, it's hot outside, and now it's hot inside, too. I called to make an appointment with a repair place, and they can't be here until Thursday. So I am sleeping with windows open and fans running. I was rather pleasantly surprised to find the inside temp at 89 when I came home this evening, since it was over 100 today. This house is well-insulated.

Do I sound like I'm moaning and groaning? Yep, that'd be about right.

0 comments: