CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

I love my job...I love my job...I love my job...

...especially when it is one of the 1-9 (read: close) weeks. It just messes with my whole routine. It's hard to be in bed by about 9:30 when you don't get home till around 10 pm. Then the alarm goes off way too early at 5:30--and I slap at it--repeatedly--in 9 minute intervals--until I finally reach a state of semi-consciousness.

Yesterday really took the cake, though. I was supposed to be done at 9. Yeah. I finally left work at about 12:50. That would be AM. So I didn't set the alarm until 8:30, and finally got up around 9. Now I get to turn myself back around and be a day shift person again this next week. So when 5:30 arrives, I won't have the luxury (?) of slapping at the snooze button.

(Lest any of you question: I really do love my job.)

I had plans to mow this morning, and did manage to get a swath cut around the house, but by 10:15 I was too hot and put the mower back in the garage. My neighbor, who has a tractor and pull-behind mowing deck had mowed about 1/3 of the other side of my yard when I came back from helping set up things at church this afternoon. He really helps in that department. At least it now looks like someone TRIES to care about how it looks outside. Nearly 4 acres is just too much to try to really do justice to, even with a big riding mower. I'm not much of an outdoor person, since I am so fair skinned that I burn very easily.

However, I am NOT complaining. It is mine. All of it. Paid for. I have lots of room for a garden should I decide I want one sometime in the future. Does anyone in this area do a fall garden? Tomatoes fresh off the vine sure are sounding good! (Or cukes, or radishes, or green onions...)

0 comments: