CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Other Side of the Coin

Well, still no central AC...and it's hot...BUT the (very large) silver lining is what has happened in my life because of that problem! I have always known that I have "family" wherever I go, simply because I love the Lord and others do also. But I have been the recipient of some mighty neat "family" dealings in the last couple of weeks: 1. PM came to my house and let the AC repairman in and stayed to oversee the repair attempt while I was at work. 2. A couple (you know who you are) offered me a place to sleep that was cool when my house was too hot to allow rest. I was able to stay there for two nights. 3. Another member offered me a small window unit, and he and PM came and installed it and made sure it was working for me. Now I can sleep at night in my own bed. God's people are so wonderful!

The other good thing is that the home warranty I've kept over the 5 years I have been here will pay for a new unit! This is the second time I have had a major problem, and the second time they have stepped up to the plate and delivered. So, American Home Shield, you have my continued loyalty, and my word-of-mouth advertising about all you've done, even if it is still quite warm in here.

1 comments:

rhondamarie said...

yeah!!! i love it when that happens.