CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

...And a Functional Computer!...

(...see previous post title.)

Well, after my week hiatus from the blogging world, I am the proud owner of a new computer, thanks to CR, who did a custom-build for about what I would have spent at any of the computer stores. I really like to support Christian business people when possible, and like the idea of having customer support readily available, so this was a win-win deal.

I was so excited about getting the new one up and running that I planned to come home right after work and put it in place. Work kept me late (about 7 PM) and then I stopped to have dinner with another nurse who also got out late. Then I stopped to pick up the new system (in the HEB parking lot, of all places) and talked for a bit with C. By the time I got home it was 9:15 and I was too tired to mess with all those wires and finding the right connection spots, so it sat in it's box on the floor in the computer room until this morning. It's much easier to see what needs to go where in the daylight, though it did still require a flashlight for one or two wires.

So now I am sitting here, typing; and thinking of all the stuff that was on my old system that now needs to be placed on the new hard drive. I am so glad that I was able to copy all the stuff I wanted to keep off onto CD's, that will make the job go a LOT faster!

Sure feels good to be back! Thanks, CR!

2 comments:

JAC said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. Missed you!

ree said...

Yea!
I was wondering about you!