CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

De-jungled

I mowed the weekend before all that rain (about 3 weeks ago). My yard looked pretty good. I thought, "Now it will be easy to keep up with, since the summer is nearly done." HAH! I planned to mow last weekend again, but was not feeling well, and couldn't talk myself into the 2-3 hours it takes to do just the part I try to keep up with. So, I slept most of last Sat and Sun. I was off last Mon. due to a low-census day, and spent most of it in the bed. Consequently, my "yard" was beginning to look like it was deserted--again. I'm still not sure whether I catch colds, or have allergies. Having never had allergies, I have nothing to guage with. Anyhow, yesterday the fog lifted and I finally had some energy. So this morning I dragged the big lawn tractor out of it's hiding place, cleaned it off/out (something L rarely did, since he does have allergies) and chopped down the square of hay field that directly surrounds the house, cleared the sides of the driveway and mowed a path to the pigeon lofts so I would'nt be tackling snakes on my feeding rounds. The rest of the hay field is gonna have to stay just that--a hay field. I gave up trying to mow all 4 acres. Takes WAY too long. The grass between my house and my southern neighbor and between the house and the road is about waist high or a little more on me, or about 2.5-3 feet tall. So if you drive by, and wonder who in the world would let their grass get in that kind of shape...it would be me.

0 comments: