CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Finally Caught Up!

Well, for the last 2 weeks I have been computerless. During the storm 2 Fridays ago, I unplugged everything having anything to do with electronic gizmos as I always do. So the comupter was in no way attached to anything that lightning could reach in and touch. Saturday morning when the storm was past, I reattached everything, starting from the wall and peripherals, ending with hitting the start button on the computer. The next action was a loud SNAP and a blue-white flash from the lower regions of my NEW computer! Oh, dear Lord! Did I just fry my computer? Printer? Monitor? Modem? I quickly disengaged all the stuff I had just reattached and called CR with a cry for help. He said it was probably the power supply. I took it with me on Tuesday (9/2) and gave it back to him. He ordered a new power supply and said it should be in by Thursday, and he would install it and bring the computer back on Friday. No sweat. I can handle that.

On Thursday, I got a phone call saying that UPS wouldn't be delivering the power supply until Tuesday. (That's not the first time UPS has been a little slow on the delivery of an item for me.)
So I got the computer back last night--after church--and a short fellowship meal after the service. I took it home, set it on the computer room floor and went to bed. (5:30 comes early, and I was really tired after being in church and at work seemingly non-stop since Saturday, and having put in a very LONG 4-day week prior.)

I got up this morning and plugged everything back in and held my breath as I hit the start button. No ka-pow, no burnt electrical smell, just the hum of a functional computer. Thank You, Lord, and thank you, CR.

When I logged into Outlook and hit the download bar, it said I had 134 messages! 134!!! Good grief! My spam program only kicked out 34 of them. So I have spent the early and late parts of the day weeding out the ads and such that came through from companies I occasionally do business with. And reading the messages from friends and a couple news-type ministries I subscribe to. And catching up on the blogs I follow. That was a bit of a challenge as most of you are relatively vocal folks. That's a good thing, but it took some doing to feel like I was at least somewhat back in the loop. Sure does feel good to be able to sit at the keyboard again and reach out and touch the rest of the world.

4 comments:

Dewey Hafta Academy said...

Glad to see you're back!

Your virtual absence has been virtually unbearable . . . virtually speaking, of course. ;-)

ree said...

It's nice to hear from you again!!!

What did we do before computers???

rhondamarie said...

so glad to have you back..i was getting worried about you.

kablot spot said...

Welcome back, my friend!!