CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Not Much New

What to post...what to post...I was talking to the ladies that came to the Ladies Day Out this afternoon, and in response to "is your computer working?", said that most of my days consist of getting up, feeding birds, going to work, coming home and going to bed. Not much of interest there.

We do have an offer to purchase a couple of the lofts, but as they are still inhabited, that won't come about for awhile yet. The young bird races are now in full swing. One of them, a race in Virginia, is complete, and we took 6th, 9th, 17th, and 19th places out of 90 birds. Not bad, actually. One of our pigeon-racing friends who is part of that club actually won both sides of the race, a first in the club history. We have swapped birds, sold birds back and forth, etc., so there is a possibility that some of our bloodlines may have helped in that feat.

This week seemed kind of like "old home week" at work. On Wednesday I saw 4 people who I know from other areas of life, all there for some kind of procedure or with a family member there for a procedure. I got to take care of two of them...what a privilege! It seemed like every time I turned around, someone was saying, "Hi Jan!" and I would look up and see a familiar, smiling face. As a "transplanted Texan" I think it most unusual to find anyone would know me outside of my normal places of relationship with them. When the two worlds cross, I am reminded that we really do still live in a small town. That's one of the things I love about this place: big enough to have what you need, small enough to find familiar faces in unexpected places.

1 comments:

Dewey Hafta Academy said...

Thank you much, Ma'am. An update is an update, no matter how small. ;-)