CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh My...

I feel stretched in a hundred different directions. It was a long trip there, and a long trip back, and worth every inch of it! She is beautiful. She is peacful. Mama is really tired. So is Daddy. They are so cute to watch as they take in this new little life. I had to keep telling myself, "This one is ours." I have worked in L&D and nursery for so long, holding so many other newborns that it was kind of surreal, especially while they were still in the hospital room. It was just like I've done hundreds of times before. But this time, I could kiss her. I could cuddle her just because I wanted to and not because I was trying to get her to be quiet so she wouldn't wake the other babies in the nursery.

When I began to handle her after we got home, it finally snapped into place. I got to give the first at-home bath. Having Suzanne (Cliff's wife-3rd grandma) watch me and help hold her was pretty neat. It's been a couple of years since I have bathed a newborn, but it is still so ingrained that I had her done in about 6-7 minutes, hair and all. And like every other newborn I've ever bathed, she was NOT appreciatve! At least not until I reswaddled her and snuggled her up close. Then she went to sleep.

I will post pics later tonight, hopefully. I am going to try to make evening service, so have to get moving. See you all in a bit!

0 comments: