CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

It's Finally Happening

Tomorrow at about 1 pm, I will officially be (almost) birdless. L put them on the auction 2 weeks ago, and they sold last Sunday. The buyer is coming to pick them up in person. He lives about 5 hours from here just over the OK border. So I am sitting in my chair, pouring over pedigrees and copying the ones belonging to the birds we sold so we have a record of their lineage, and proof of one-time ownership. Fortunately, there aren't too many to do that with. The rest are birds we raised and all I have to do is print them from the database program.

I am not sure yet how I really feel about this. I am at present very glad to know I don't have to feed, water, watch for illness/injury, etc., on an ongoing basis. I will still have 4 birds after tomorrow, ones that L just didn't want to part with. He is supposedly making arrangements to place them somewhere else so I will be completely free of them at some point in the future. Still, 4 birds is even better than a cake-walk considering that at the height of our business, when we were raising and racing in earnest, we had about 350 birds. That was just 3+ years ago. I am SO glad we don't have that many now!

Knowing the rather unexpected reaction I had the last time I mailed birds out, I'm thinking maybe having an otherwise also kinda busy day planned may be a good thing. No time to dwell on things. Just have to wait and see, I guess.

1 comments:

Dewey Hafta Academy said...

I'm praying you'll have a peaceful day. Know that we love you!