CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Faces From the Past

After reading about how Dewey Hafta joined facebook and was finding folks from her past and renewing acquaintances, I decided to see what all the excitement was about. So last week I set up an account. Invite friends? Well, most of the people I have in my address book are current contacts, so why would I want to add them to a facebook account? Made no sense to me. But the account is now there, and last night I received an email from Facebook stating that someone had requested to be my friend. This person is someone I knew in Iceland about 20 years ago. (My gosh, has it really been that long?!) After answering that email and adding that friend, they have started to come out of the woodwork! I now have 6 friends (and counting, apparently, since I have been informed that there are many folks from Iceland, both native and military on Facebook.) I'm hooked! It will be fun to see where life has taken these people.

3 comments:

JAC said...

I am also having fun with FB - hearing from folks that I have not heard from in years and years. Some are my boys friends from college, and some are children of my friends. So neat. Enjoy!

Dewey Hafta Academy said...

So glad I could be of service!

(I went to snooping around and found you. Flintstone School? That's really funny!) ;-)

Have fun with it!

chronicler said...

Yep, and Bedford, PA is about 30 miles from me. Guess where Fred and Wilma came from?