CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Well, I've Finally Decided to Bite the Bullet...

...and tackle Spanish. If I'm gonna sing in Spanish, I really would like to know what I am singing about, rathere than just a broad-stroke overview. Two weeks ago, I accompanied one of our church members to a Spanish service and sang one (very simple) song. I guess I didn't do too bad, because one lady came up to my after service and started to converse in Spanish. It didn't take her too long to realized I had no clue what she was saying. I grew up on the East Coast, and so took French rather than Spanish as my second language. Didn't do too bad with it, and can still read a little of it, and that may be more of a hindrance than a help. Several months ago, Dewey Hafta loaned me the curriculum they used for Spanish I, and I am just now getting brave enough to try to decipher it. I also found several useful sites on the net, so with all the different approaches, I will either learn to speak Spanish, or be hopelessly lost. They say keeping your brain active with puzzles, new vocabulary, etc. keeps you young. We'll see. And don't start spouting Spanish at me, unless you also provide the translation! ;D

1 comments:

Nanna's Place said...

I knew there was something about you I liked. A fellow east coast person....I miss the coast and often dream of having a cottage close to the ocean.....some day maybe.