CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Spring is in the air...

...or at least several of the bloggers think so. I have to agree. I was driving home last night at my usual time...in the waning daylight! Yea!!!!! Beautiful sunrises and sunsets are on the way back. (They really have still been there, I just haven't been at the right place to see them since we went back to Standard Time in October.) Speaking of the switch back, I was looking at a calendar today that has that date marked: March 8. March?! I can remember when it didn't start until nearly the end of April. Not that I'm complaining, you understand. I much prefer the extra light in the evening. But that is nearly 2 weeks before spring officially begins on the 20th. I wonder if we will eventually get to the point that we just don't switch back at all...just leave it on DST and be done with it. Don't know what the couple of states that don't do any switching at all will do, but I guess they deal with it now for part of the year, so no big deal.

Our unit manager told us to be ready for a slow January after our frantic December, but so far that hasn't happened. Not that we have been run ragged, but the slowdown has not really happened either, except for Jan 2. The hospital is poised (we are told) to buy the other surgery center across the parking lot from us, and that will likely increase business on our unit because it will free the doctors to schedule more surgeries with us. The procedures like eye surgeries and colonoscopies, etc. will be done at the other site, allowing them to utilize a 4th operating room at the hospital. We apparently only use 3 right now with any regularity. So there may not be a slowdown at all. That's ok, it keeps the bills paid.

I will soon be a real grandma. T's due date is quickly approaching, and I find myself anticipating arms full of baby again. That may sound a little unusual, but I used to work Labor and Delivery and Postpartum (Mother/Baby), so have never really experienced a lack of little bundles of joy. I was always able to cuddle some cute little newborn at my discretion. But this is a bit different; she is, after all, my own flesh and blood. So, in about 4 weeks, give or take, she should be here. I can't wait!

2 comments:

kablot spot said...

Do you get to be there for the birth, or at least in the building when it happens?

chronicler said...

Probably not, although I would like to be. Since babies are notoriously difficult to pin down as to their exact arrival time, I don't know when to plan for being off. So I guess I will just be there on the closest weekend after the event.