CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

You Just Gotta Laugh

After the frantic pace of the last 2 weeks of December, and coming home every night with my tongue hanging out, so to speak; yesterday, the first workday of the new year was the sublime after the ridiculous. We had a whole six patients. Six. I walked in and the early nurse said, "Oh good! You're here. I'm going home." And she did. I had two patients the whole shift--which was not a full one for me, either. I sent one of them home after being back on the unit a couple of hours. When the late nurse came in, she said, "I can take your chemo patient if you want to go home." So I finished my charting and left at about 3:30 pm. It was still daylight. I needed to do some grocery shopping. It is a real struggle to convince myself that my pantry needs some attention when it is dark outside and all I want to do is go home. Yesterday, I didn't mind stopping at the store on the way home. Interesting how a bit of daylight will change your whole perspective on things. This leisurely pace won't last. Most of the physicians were still out for the holiday, and the ones who had office hours only had half-days. Monday it is back to normal. I am glad. Normal is good.

0 comments: