CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Man, this year went fast!

Maybe it's because it has been such a busy one. But I am sitting here thinking about the last day of the year and musing about just how frantically busy it has been. I didn't know if I would be out of there before midnight or not. I got a phone call this morning about 7:45 asking if I could come in ASAP. So, I finished up the couple of things I was working on, grabbed a shower and headed in. I hit the floor running and didn't stop the whole day. Neither did anyone else. No lunches for these nurses today. It was grab a handful of some kind of snack food as we raced by. But by 6 PM it was mostly done. We had 37 patients today, and there were 2 left when I left at 6:30.

So, my wondering if I would make it to Watch Night service tonight has been answered. And I am hungry! Trying to behave myself until I get there, but I have had to have one snack attack since I've been home. I am really looking forward to seeing the new year in with friends who are more like family. Glad tomorrow is a day off. I need it!

I pray you all have a wonderful New Year's Day and that the rest of the year follows along in the same way.

0 comments: