CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Will Be So Glad When December is Over!

I am tired. December is the month when everyone realizes that if they wait more than 30 days to have that test, procedure, etc done, it will cost them more. Can you say, "Deductible?" When I reviewed my hours on Monday for the payperiod, I had 76.25 hours. Not so bad, you say? I only worked 8 days. I took a long weekend on the 13-16th and planned on using PTO for the shortfall. There was none. The girls were not happy that I had been off. But I really needed the break.

In the middle of my work break was our church family festivities. I've had a cold (or something) for the last week, so singing on Saturday and Sunday was interesting, but the Lord helped me through it. I love to sing, and it is hard when my voice doesn't want to cooperate with me. (Hi, Shannon) But even though I wasn't feeling my very best, it was still a very nice time spent with people who are as much my family as any blood relative.

This week I am working 1-9 and that has been extended into the 10-10:30 range both nights. I think I'm ready for another long weekend! I am just going to hide on Thursday, and set my sights on Saturday when I head up the road to see the kids and have a family dinner.

We had our unit Christmas party today in the midst of all the hustle and bustle. We did a $5 ornament exchange and everyone brought a snack food. It was neat. One of the nurses I work with is also from "up north" and hates the snow and cold weather just as much as I do. We got to talking the other night about some of the huge single snowfalls we've seen, and unbeknown to me, she had my name for the exchange. She got me a "Warm Weather Santa." He is really cute, dressed in his red santa pants, and a green and yellow plaid short-sleeved shirt. She said she thought it just fit, knowing my sentiments about snow.

I can't believe that 2009 is nearly here. I have been working into the January calendar for about 3 weeks now, with scheduling follow-up appointments for our surgery patients, but it somehow still doesn't seem real. The old saying is, "Time flies when you're having fun," but my modification of that is, "Time just flies!"

I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and pray you make many great memories with family and friends. I'm another month closer to being Grandma. I'm sure my daughter-in-law is much more anxious than I am for the little one to be here. Christmas from here on out will be way different!

0 comments: