CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Busy Week

This has been one of the busier weeks of my life; what with work being back to 5 days, and things going on in the evenings as well. I haven't been home before 9 PM all week long (until last night.) Not that that is a bad thing, but I am kinda tired. Most of it centered around events at church.

We started a new Women's Bible Study a couple of weeks ago, and that is going very well. It is nice to listen to the ladies discuss the things they thought about as they worked through the chapter, and there have been some interesting topics discussed. I appreciate the time they spend in the Word completing the assignments. It's also a way for us to become better acquainted with each other.

Thursday night we hosted our Sectional Fellowship, and I got to visit with some folks that I don't get to see very often, even though they aren't that far away physically. Toward the end of the evening I was standing talking with Pastor and Bud was standing with us making noise through a whistle he had pulled out of a pair of fake lips and had put in his mouth. Suddenly, he choked and started to gag, but only part of the whistle came out of his mouth. The thing had come apart during one of his inhalations, and had wedged in his throat. He moved over to the trash can and started to retch in earnest, and in a few seconds the part that was caught came up. He was not injured, and was able to clear it himself. But it gave all of us a good scare, including Bud.

Today is our monthly ladies' luncheon, so I am out the door again at about noon. I love meeting with the folks at church, getting to know them better and growing the relationships. Since I am more or less here by myself, they have become my family, and like I said, you never meet a stranger in Texas, even if several of our ladies aren't native Texans. The only other time I can remember having such close ties was when we lived in Iceland on the NATO base for 2+ years. But everyone was away from home there, so the relationships formed fast and became very intense. I am so thankful to the Lord for the brothers and sisters He has provided.

So now it's time to get busy and fix something to take to said luncheon, and I will see you all later!

1 comments:

Dewey Hafta Academy said...

All those details, yet you said nothing about your birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

:-D