CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Looking from the other side

They are gone. All but 5. The lofts look so empty. So closes a chapter in my life. The man who bought them came yesterday at noon, we loaded them up and by 12:45 they were on the way to their new home. Am I sad? A little. Am I glad? Yes, they will have a good home with the care they need and deserve. But mostly, I am just relieved. L says he is looking for a place to keep the remaining birds, so I will eventually be completely devoid of critters. I won't have to worry about being gone too long, or something happening while I am not around. So, it is a good thing all around. And I didn't cry.

I received the following in an email today from someone who doesn't know the birds would be leaving soon: "Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." I can't begin to count the number of times I have literally been the statue! But it all washes off, in both contexts.

1 comments:

kablot spot said...

You are not an intrusion! I would have loved to see you. Sunday morning just ended up being the only time I got to spend with my parents, so we stayed home. Next time I'll try to plan ahead, and I definitely want you to come.