CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 10, 2008

On the other side--again

Well, today L. had his minor surgery which turned out not to be quite as minor as anticipated; and is now home, moving very slowly. I decided to go ahead and take him as a patient when he came back to DSU, since I knew I would end up wondering and fussing over him anyway. It was just easier to take care of him myself. He asked me if I was going to be his nurse before he left for the holding area, then said he didn't care one way or the other when I asked if he wanted me to be. (Code: "yes, I do.") Everything went well, and he has a follow-up appointment in a week to check on his progress. It was kinda weird treating him like one of my other patients, especially when it came time to discharge him, and I had to go over the paperwork with him. When I finish out a patient's chart, the last thing I usually address is how the patient got to the vehicle and who was driving him/her home. I wanted so bad to say, "Discharged via ambulatory to pov driven by me." I didn't, I was a good girl and stayed professional. PM and Doonecookie stopped by to see him, but he hadn't returned from the recovery room yet. Thanks, both of you, for checking on us.

0 comments: