CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Feelin' Fit(ter)

I went shopping the other day--in my own closet! I found several bargains there--things that haven't fit for about 2 years. It was such a hoot putting on something that I *knew* wouldn't fit, and finding out yes, indeed, it did (again.) For the last 2 months I have been actively trying to shed some unwanted pounds, and to date have lost 15 of them. This past week I went back to my walking routine, about 2 miles 3-4 times/week. I was surprised that I didn't really get terribly stiff and sore, and was not really short-winded afterward, but rather felt really invigorated and alive. Alternate days have been spent on upper body toning, since walking only helps the legs and lower abdomen. I have a goal in mind: by no later than the end of the year (and hopefully well before that) I will be 50 pounds lighter, and back in my size 8's. (I was in 14's, pushing 16's.) According to the BMI calculators, I have to be 135 or less to be considered of normal weight at 5'1". I haven't seen that in a very long time.

4 comments:

kablot spot said...

I'm gonna get back on the wagon when my body is better recovered from my fall. I fell off the wagon loooong before I fell in the hole.

ree said...

Hey that's great!!!
Way to go!!!

rhondamarie said...

yeah jan!!! i am also fighting the battle of the bulge...somedays i win and other days the bulge wins...but we gotta keep fightin'

kdp said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!it is so hard to lose weight and keep it off. great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimmie