CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 26, 2007

Quiet Day, Busy Weekend

Thanksgiving Day was quiet at my house. For me, it was truly a day of thanksgiving. L is home. He has been pleasant, congenial. He cooked the turkey. We talked on and off all day about birds, Dallas, Arizona. Good talking. I had time to read and pray. I had opportunity to experience the freedom of forgiveness. Giving L that freedom also returns it to me. I learned several years ago the power of forgiveness for my own life as well as the life of the one "let off the hook" so to speak. Sometimes, walking in what I know can be a challenge, but God is faithful to help when I call.

Then on Friday, we decided at around 11:15 that we could go see family in the Dallas area since I didn't have to work after all, and we scurried around and were out the door and on the road by 12:30. Now that's some moving on! It was a good visit with family, and we took some time to look around the area. L is pretty familiar with the northern sections of the Dallas metro area, so it was pretty easy to see some of the shopping districts, etc. We came back home on Sunday, tired but content. It was one of the better holidays I've spent.

2 comments:

kablot spot said...

I've been wondering how it all was going... Thank you, Jesus! Bring on the HEALING POWER!!!

marme said...

I'm glad you had a nice holiday. I hope the talk of dallas wasn't about moving there?! I'm already losing kimmie and teresa to that area. and shannon! come on guys, you know the rules.