CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Musings

We are again a 2 car family. L got his back today. I have to say that it is a relief to know he is not stuck at the house while I am away at work all day. I did feel bad for him. For those of you who saw me tooling around in a red Calibre for the last couple of days, my car went to Dallas with L for an appointment on Wednesday. So I got the rental. It was ok to drive, but I wouldn't buy one. (Thanks to one certain friend who offered the use of their other vehicle, but the rental was already in the works.)

I have been studying about Israel and Judah during the kingdom period with CBS this semester, and have been looking really hard at the (way too many) parallels between them and the US. I don't think we have learned much over the last 4500-5000 years. Do we really think that we can do the sort of things that go on in this nation without inviting God's judgement? The Lord has lead me to a passage in Neh 1:5,6 (among others) as a way to pray for our country. I think we need to become more aggresive about the manner and time of prayer for repentance nationwide.

A friend of mine at work said something this evening that kind of fits right into this thought process. She said, "I have begun to think that we are just as much slaves as the blacks were, or the Israelites were in Egypt. We are slaves to our jobs, our employers. We are not free!" To which I said a hearty, "Amen." I don't know what it will take to bring us back to better mores, but it really needs to happen. Money is a vicious god. It is neat that we have opportunity to talk about things of the Lord with each other occasionally.

My friend that stayed with me over part of the summer so she could work at the hospital without traveling back and forth to Big Lake every day turned in her resignation notice 2 weeks ago. Tonight was her last night. I spent a little time talking with her about the next phase in her life. She is a beautiful friend and a wonderful Christian, and I have enjoyed being able to just drop in and say hi, or visit, or pray right there in her office. I will truly miss that. I'm feeling a bit orphaned right now.

On Monday I get to be a patient on the unit where I work. It's just a day-surgery procedure, and I should be back to work on Tuesday. I haven't decided quite how I feel about being a patient and having the people I normally work with work on me. Should be interesting. The last time I was there was just over a year ago, and I didn't know any of them yet. That was just a screening colonoscopy. This is surgery, albeit a minor one. So any prayers the Lord might prompt you to pray would be gratefully accepted.

Ok, I think I have run down for tonight. Today was a wild ride at work, and I am now coming down off the adrenaline surge that has kept me moving at full speed all day. It is time to find my bed, since I have to be back at work at 0930, ready for another round. I am so glad it's Friday! I am looking forward to Sunday, because PM is back, and I can't wait to see what kind of fire the Lord lit under him during his adventure in China. I just bet its a doozy! Good night.

1 comments:

kablot spot said...

Well, God Bless that surgery! And fill us in on the fire lit under PM.