CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Sometimes work is really grand!

I had a really cool thing happen today at work. I picked up a patient from another nurse (not an uncommon thing to happen) and she told me that he was concerned about being able to go to church on Sunday (he'd had to go home with a catheter in place). Of course that caught my attention right off. I went in to introduce myself as his new nurse, who would be the one to send him very shortly. He thanked me and asked if he would be able to get to church on Sunday because he teaches Sunday School. We got into a conversation after I answered his question, and he asked where I went to church, so I explained that we are a new plant and the "little sister" of First Assembly of God, that I am pentecostal. He looked at me for a minute, then said, "That means you speak in Tongues, doesn't it?" I got a big grin on my face, and said, "Yes Sir, it does!" He looked at me a minute more, then said, "We don't tell too many people, but we're 'Bapticostals.'" Well, now don't you just know that just set off a whole conversation about a lot of things. The result was that he and his wife felt that I had walked where the Lord was prompting them to walk. I told him that the Lord doesn't make mistakes and He planned this conversation a long time ago. Maybe I was put in place to provide some encouragement for them. It was so good...the Lord is just too much sometimes. I could just see Him sitting on His throne, grinning ear-to-ear as He watched three of His Kids become acquainted. Turns out this man was one of the original leaders of the FGBMFI in San Angelo. Ain't God good?!

4 comments:

rhondamarie said...

thanks for sharing....its amazing how God uses us.

kablot spot said...

Thanks for your encouraging words...

F. F said...

Oh how wonderful God is!!! He puts us in the right place at the right time.

Dewey Hafta Academy said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you today, that the Lord would guide the doctor's hands and that the results would be outstanding.