CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Saga of the Uncooperative Car

Well, my dh found out that I am not crazy and I am not just some female who doesn't know anything about things mechanical. He took the car (HIS car) in to get an oil change on Monday, and ended up having to have the thing towed to a service center because he couldn't get the key to turn the lock. In his favor, I do have to note that the last one to have the vehicle running was the service tech at the oil change place. When he got in to start it, it refused. So he waited for me to get off work to take him home. The wrecker driver was nice enough to drop him off at the hospital, so he was there when I was done. Yesterday, the service center called to tell him it was indeed the switch, and they couldn't repair it here. They have to remove it and send it back to Volvo, along with the key for repair and rekeying. Their estimate was a 7-10 day wait. Oh joy. I was never really crazy about Volvo. My estimation of their product has not improved. This car is only 4 years old. I'll keep my Sonata.

1 comments:

Dewey Hafta Academy said...

Not that you ever want to have any car problems of any sort . . . but it is nice when it acts up for them and then we have proof that it isn't just an inept-female-driver thing, isn't it? ;-)

Hope he and his Volvo are back on the road again soon! (Holler if you need a vehicle. PM's driver side door won't open at the moment, but it still drives fine, and he certainly isn't using it this week!)