CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Big Decision Ahead

When I got home this evening, L told me that he received a phone call from the HR dept at Dallas Love Field offering him a job as a Transportation Safety Officer. He has been in the application stages of this for several months now, and we are finally down to the wire on whether he really wants to take this job. It is a federal position, and it will mean moving to the Dallas area at some point. The training starts 4/28. There is a possibility of waiting until the end of May, but I am not sure there is a job offer at the end if he waits that long. So...we are talking, trying to weigh pros and cons. Would really like some prayer support here, so that we don't make a wrong choice. Thanks.

4 comments:

ree said...

I know someone in the Dallas area...a couple of people, actually, now that I think about it...

I'll keep you and L in prayer.

chronicler said...

Yeah, I was thinking about that. ;D

Dewey Hafta Academy said...

Well, I will be honest and say that this is not what I was hoping to read . . . but I also know that it isn't my call. ;-)

Will be praying for you as you guys mull it over and make your decision.

(Between you and Kablot, our new church slogan could be -- Grape Creek Family Fellowship: Sharing Jesus with the Metroplex!

It's catchy, but I must admit I don't like it.) ;-)

kablot spot said...

Well, I think it's wonderful what God has already done for you two even though I don't know the details. But I like the "us" and "we" of this post. It thrills me and brings tears to my eyes.

Unfortunately, the job market where you are is what it is. You can work anywhere for good money, but other professionals with great credentials can work at McDonald's for minimum wage where you currently are living.

I will definitely pray. Love you!