CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's Not Nice to Mess With Mother Nature!

I don't know if the storm that hit Grape Creek this evening hit Angelo or not, but WOW! I went to church to spend some time looking at a couple of the music books there and pray for awhile. I left there at about 7:00 pm. I decided to stop at the little market on the other side of 87N and pick up a couple of things, spending maybe 10 minutes getting things and getting through the checkout. It was 10 minutes too long. That storm really hit as I got to the grade school, and just pummeled my poor car. I was afraid to go faster than about 25-30 MPH, wishing I dared go faster, and praying I could just get into my garage without a broken windshield. I (finally) turned into my driveway, only to slide precariously on the ice pellets which totally covered it. Made me feel like I was back in Maryland! I grabbed my camera and took pictures of the mess, but it was pretty dark, and I have no idea at this point if any of them show just how much hail was on the ground. I think I will stay home for the rest of the evening, read a good book or something....

0 comments: