CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Not Much New

Well, I'm about to be a grass widow again. L leaves sometime this week to start training for the job at Love Field. I don't particularly like being by myself. The first few days are ok, but after that, well... Maybe it's because it reminds me too much of the times I sent my son to be with his dad during his growing-up years. He was usually gone for 3 weeks at a time. This will be quite a bit longer than that.

I spent all last week working 1-9 and missing the normal things I do in the evenings--like church and Bible study. It'll be nice to be able to attend this week. I really miss it when I can't go. The first part of this week I am working 9:30-6. I much prefer those hours, even if I do usually walk into a madhouse at that time of day. Sure makes the time fly. Not to say that it doesn't on the other shift, but in reality, it is 1-close, because we can't leave until all the patients leave, and they can't leave until the Drs. come and dismiss them. We didn't do too bad last week, considering. The latest we closed was about 9:45, and we did get out at 6:45 one evening (a rarity.)

The church sponsored a wildflower/picnic trip on Saturday and I got to go on that. We didn't see very many wildflowers, but the walking tour of Ft McKavitt was interesting. I enjoy seeing historical places, and this one is actually pretty well preserved. Sure am glad, though, that I was just visiting, and it is 2008, rather than having to live there in those conditions. I have experienced a few of those things as a child (like the "little shack out back" and "chamber pots") and have no desire to revisit them other than the way we did this weekend. It was a beautiful day, sunny and breezy, but not too hot. It began to be a little more than breezy during our lunch, making us have to hang onto our plates and anything else that didn't have substantial weight. and Kitten said, "God, make the wind stop!" I agreed with her and so did doonecookie. A short while later, I noticed that the breeze had returned to being just that: a gentle breeze that made the day quite pleasant. "And a little child shall lead them..."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.