CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

One Minute Ago...

...I was reading the DeweyHafta Academy blog.

1 day ago--I drove back from Miller Ranch to be at church with my "family." I spent a goodly portion of the day there.

1 week ago--I was at work.

1 month ago--I had taken the day off so I could go spend the weekend with my son and daughter-in-law.

1 year ago--I was trying to adjust to L's being back.

3 yrs ago (2005)--I had been in Texas about 2 years, was working as a night charge nurse on OB. There was just the glimmer of the difficulty that lay ahead for L and me. My son was in Iraq, and was close to meeting his current wife.

5 yrs ago (2003)--I was living in Ohio for the first half of the year and had been working as a real estate agent, moved to San Angelo in August, started a new job going back to nursing. My son was in the Army.

7 yrs ago (2001)--I had met and married L, and was living in Ohio, working as a staff nurse in L&D/OB/NSY. My son was 19, married and was considering joining the Army.

10 yrs ago (1998)--I was living in my hometown in MD, had been working in L&D at one of our local hospitals for about 2 1/2 years. My son was 16, a typical rebellious teen and head-over-heals in love with a girl I really didn't like much.

15 yrs ago (1993)--I was newly divorced, had moved back to my hometown (much to my disgust) and had a 10 year old son to be a single parent to. I was attending college to get my RN and was working 1 night/week (the requirement to be considered for advanced standing for school.)

20 yrs ago(1988)--We were living in Ridgeland, S. Carolina. My ex-husband was active duty Navy, and I was working at Beaufort Naval Hospital as a Civil Service LVN. A was 5 and had just started K5 at a Christian school not far from where we lived.

25 yrs ago (1983)--We were living in Charleston, SC. My ex-husband had been out of the military for a couple of years, and had rejoined, going back into the medical field. A was about a year old. I was working at the Naval Hospital as a Civil Service LVN in L&D.

30 yrs ago (1978)--My ex-husband and I had rejoined the civilian world and had moved to the farm I was raised on. I was driving a rural mail route 6 days/week and he was installing garage doors. During that time, I quit the route and went back to school to get the civilian equivalent of my work in the military--LVN.

35 yrs ago (1973)--I was active duty Navy, living in Santa Ana, CA. I was single and living what I thought was the "good life." I hadn't met the Lord yet. That wouldn't happen until 1975.

40 yrs ago (1968)--I was a Sophomore in high school.

Ok, so now you know more than you ever wanted to about me. Someone else's turn.

2 comments:

team D said...

can you send my email to the griggs so I can read their blog?
tea2006@suddenlink.net
I also wanted to call and talk to her but am unsure of her schedule. Thanks
I had a great time this weekend and after talking to you I felt a renewed challenge to homeschooling my girls and doing the best that we can
God Bless

chronicler said...

Well, it's really neat to know who you are! Yes, I will email Lorna for you.