CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Post Thanksgiving--and Black Friday

I went to Granbury on Thursday morning to be with my son, daughter-in-law and her family. We had a great time. T did all the cooking, since her mom had to work, and dad dosen't cook. A helped some but was mostly just asked to sit down and let her cook. He did. I didn't get there until about 2:30, getting a later start than I had planned in leaving SA.

Black Friday seems to always entice that group of ladies, and I was invited along, but...I have been through the mania once, and have never felt the need or inclination to repeat the process, so I stayed home with A and just rested. They were gone about 6 hours, and came in hauling bags and boxes. I guess that is fun for them. They talked about all the things they saw and showed off some of what they bought...mostly for the babies.

T's sister has a 5 month old girl who is just adorable. But my goodness, she has a temper already! It was a hoot watching her run the gamut of emotions one right after another, from squeeling and giggling, to intense concentration on something new, to squalling like a little Banshee when something didn't go her way. Mama definitely has her hands full!

It's really nice to visit there. I am so appreciative of the fact that not only are they my son's in-laws, but they also accept me right in as part of the family. I can't say how glad I am to be able to call them friends. All in all, it was a very nice holiday.

0 comments: