CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

So Glad This Week is Over!

On Monday, we waltzed through the day. I was out on time and made it to Bible study. Tuesday was a different story. I was there for about 30 min. overtime. I don't really like overtime. I just want to be there for my 8 hours, then go home. Wednesday, I actually got off early (yeah!), taking back 45 min of my 30 min over. (Anticipation of coming attractions.) I was actually able to go home for a few minutes before church. Thursday was not good. I was there until 8 PM, got home at about 8:30 and was in bed by 9:30. Today, I think, though topped it all off. We had 34 patients. Surgeries, heart caths, colonoscopies, upper endoscopies, chemos, and an assortment of miscellaneous services that didn't necessarily need a bed, but had to have some sort of procedure (injections and port flushes fall into this catagory.) From about 1PM on, it seemed like everyone knew my name...and used it. "Jan, can you..." "Jan, will you..." " Jan, what do we need to do with..." "Jan, did you write orders for..." At one point, our unit secretary stood in the doorway of the room I was in, waiting until I finished working with a patient, obviously wanting to ask me something. While she was waiting, she suddenly turned back up toward the nursing station, and said, "She's in here, and I have dibs on her!" Okaaaay! Can I run and hide now? Maybe I'll go change my name. Nah, that wouldn't help. They'd just use whatever name I chose and go on with it. I really only had 5 pts today, but I bet I worked on at least another 7, doing something to get them ready for the next time they have to come to see us, and I probably got about that many people ready for their procedures (they don't count as having been my patient unless I take them when they come back from the procedure and keep them until either they or I go home.) I didn't finish charting until about 7 PM. I am tired. I am SO glad it is Friday. I am praying that next week has a little more sanity to it.

1 comments:

ree said...

Hope you have a restful weekend!!!